This time of year is when we are all more likely to pick up colds and flus – but you dont have to be attacked by these nasty germs….you can help you body and make it more immune to the nasties and be cold/flu free all Winter.
Although we cant avoid everything we can do things to help keep our immune systems strong and our body’s healthy all year round.
Here are my TOP TIPS to warding off Colds and Flus this Winter:
* Exercise…yeh hear I go again but exercise will help strengthen the immune system, keep you warm and give you more energy…so go do it!
* When you go the gym…clean the machines after use (and maybe before) germs can be spread through sweat and touch
* Sleep….I cant even stress the importance of a good nights quality sleep – it will reduce cortisol levels in the body
* Make Wellness Shots (see another post)
* Get a Massage…not only will it warm you up but it will also increase your circulation and improve the function of your immune system.
* De-Stress – try and use these Winter months to channel into the energy of nurturing and self love – remove any internal and external stress from your life.
* Make sure you are fuelling your body with nutritious food, thats ill keep you warm…provide vitamins and minerals into the body and of course just keep you healthy.
* Reduce/Limit Alcohol as this supresses the immune system and it wont function properly
* Stay Hydrated
* Take echinacea supplement
Sometimes we cannot avoid catching colds and flus but we can do the best we can to be able to put our bodies in a Healthy and Strong state