With the lovely weather we are currently experiencing, it felt kind of apt to write this Article…so I hope it inspires you to get out into the Fresh Air 🙂
Not only does it add vitamin to the skin but it also is great for the mind and the soul…being out in nature and fresh air and connecting back to the self is such a good way to not only help with physics Health but also with our Mental Health too.
Now I must firstly say if you are considering going out into the “Sun” please make sure you keep hydrated
So with all this talk of Sun, Fresh Air….may I present “Vitamin D” maybe not a Vitamin you are very familiar with, and this is because for so long Vitamin D has only really been used to prevent rickets……BUT NO Offence Vitamin C but Vit D may now be the bee’s knee’s as you body relies on it….so move over C and make way for D!!
Vit D also always used to be the “robin” the Calciums “batman” but this is all a change – Vit D actually encourages the absorption & metabolism of Calcium and Phosphate levels in Blood!
Vitamin D is a major player in overall Health and may be just what the doctor ordered. Vitamin D is the “Sunshine Vitamin”……but as we all are in the UK…we dont really see a lot of sunshine throughout the year (which actually explains why so many people suffer from SAD in the Winter) To Avoid getting SAD in the Winter make sure that when the sun is shining that you try and get out there and top up your Vit D stores….you never know when you may need them.
Anyways…here I am waffling on about how amazing Vit D is…..well incase you think its all BS…take a look at the list below:
- Boosts you Immune System
- Can be obtained from Sun, Food and Supplements (foods: Cod Liver Oil, Eggs, Fruit and Veg)
- Helps maintain a Healthy Weight
- Regulates Blood Pressure
- Helps lower MS and Diabetes levels
- Helps prevent the onset of Osteoperosis and Arthritis
- Helps reduce Stress, Anxiety and Depression (how happy do people seem when the sun is shining??)
- Anti Inflammatory agent
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels (which will in turn help with Diabetes and Weight)
- Increases overall Health and Wellbeing in people
Lots of us are deficient in Vit D – without even realising it, maybe from the foods we DONT eat or just for the simple fact we dont get enough sun/daylight as we should…lets be honest if you are stuck in an office all day with artificial lighting and air con…its not really the ideal way to get VIt D stored topped up. Now I am not saying give up your job and go and work outside…but what I will say is GET OUT whether its on your break, lunch or even getting off the bus a stop earlier….ENJOY this sun and increased hours of daylight whilst you can….because we will all soon complain when its gettin darker and colder. Even if you just get out for 10-15 mins…surely thats better than nothing?
When its cold and dark in Winter the last thing we all want to do is go outside, so we stay all snuggled up in the warm….but gone are the days of that….I know we are having a lucky spell at the moment with the weather, but surely this should make you want to make the most of it all?? As I said before, whether it means just walking somewhere, standing outside on your lunch or even exercising outside…the benefits to Fresh Air are endless:
- Increase Overall Health (as above)
- Lowers Stress and Depression
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Helps you Sleep zzzzzzzz
- The “Happy” Chemical “Seretonin” is higher in the brain during this time of year…when the days are longer…..so lots of happy smiling people……surely this is a good thing
- By exercising outside – this will provide the body with more Oxygen, that will assist with metabolism and helps muscles convert the sugar to energy and makes the body more efficient _ BONUS!!!!
- Good for the Soul
- Helps us reconnect to ourselves
So what are you waiting for?? Log off your phone and GET OUTSIDE…you never know how long the sun will stay around for….you better make the most of it!!!
Get some VIt D onto your skin, absorb into your body and top up the stores
Breath in the Fresh Air and full your lungs
You’ll be amazed at how FAB you will feel just by doing this….Oh and did I say its FREE!!
The sun has got his hat on….hip, hip, hip HORAAAYYYY!!!